This requirement discontinued for Spring 2018 for the first 10 schools to be accepted as a result of the GII grant: The Council may receive donations to provide up to two partial scholarships at any location* for girls in dire need. See our Announcements page for more scholarship detail. Funding of scholarships is directly related to the funding available to the Council. There are no guarantees of scholarships. Donations from generous individuals, companies, organizations and grants help us provide scholarships. * If a site identifies that three or more of the girls are in dire need, e.g. Title I Schools, you may raise the funds on your own for the girls to participate. The minimum amount to be raised is $1,776 for start-up with 6 girls. Alternatively, the site liaison could contact GOTR via email at email@example.com to request that the site be put on the waiting list to be a Scholarship Site. Scholarship Sites will be notified if and when funds become available to the Council to support the team. If your site is accepted because funds are realized through a formal grant process, the site must agree to the terms of the grant contract. Programs can not be opened unless funding is settled with the Council in advance.
Sites must commit to four (4) seasons with at least 6 active girls per season -- either consecutive Fall & Spring for two years or one season for four consecutive years. The Site Liaison should have a plan in place to ensure that there are trained coaches for each season. Sites may be renewed after completing four seasons.
The online site application form was made possible by a grant from the Community Foundation for Palm Beach and Martin Counties.
We are so grateful that you are eager to help us reach more girls with our message of joy, health and confidence. In order for the program to grow and succeed, we require a strong and active commitment.
NEW! Spring 2018! No separate application process for families who need financial assistance to participate in GOTR! Girls' registration includes a sliding scale based on income and household size, thanks to the Great Ideas Initiative Grant from the Children's Services Council for this season.
Our program coordinator will contact you shortly after having received your request.
If you feel your site can commit to our program expectations, please
CLICK HERE for the ONLINE Site Application Form You must finish the online form to the end once you start it or all information would be lost.
BEFORE YOU BEGIN THE ONLINE APPLICATION, you may wish to print out the sample form and gather the information. Printed version is for your reference only and can not be submitted to the Council.
Thank you again for your interest in GOTR Palm Beach!
START A SITE IN YOUR COMMUNITY
"Girls on the Run is so much fun!"
Girls on the Run® sessions are designed for girls in Grades 3 through 8.
To start up Girls on the Run at your school or community....
In brief, here’s what you’ll need:
1. YOU! A successful site starts with a passionate individual with a desire to make a difference in the lives of girls and a willingness to complete the process to bring the program to fruition.
2. A specific host location. Obtain the approval from the appropriate people (e.g. principal, PTA, administrator, Town Council members, HOA, community center director, etc.) for their site to host GOTR. The location must include safe outdoor running and activity area and a safe indoor rain site. We are very grateful for the use of a location, and there is no GOTR fee paid by the hosting site to GOTR.
4. A Site Liaison. This person is the link between the site, coaches, girls and parents. You could be the Site Liaison or you could identify and recruit one. A Site Liaison could also coach.
3. Coaches. Recruit three volunteer coaches for up to 14 girls. (You could be one of the coaches.)
Coaches can be teachers, parents, other staff members, or community members -- whatever complies with the host location's policies. If in a public school, at least one teacher or other school staff member would coach or agree to be the site liaison for a club.
4. Training. All coaches must attend the GOTR training provided by Council. (See our Calendar),
If you miss our coach training for the season, please submit the application for the following season. Thank you! We offer two seasons: Fall (August - December) and Spring (January - May). Girls on the Run accepts new site applications before the Coach Training.
5. A completed ONLINE Site Application Form (link below). Once received and reviewed, a confirmation email will be sent back to you.
6. Outreach. Promote the program and recruit the girls for your site to attract a team of 6 - 14 girls. (Title I schools, please see detailed information, below.)
Still interested? Please continue reading the detail below for more specifics.