GOTR Palm Beach
Serving Southeast Florida
The online site application form was made possible by a grant from the Community Foundation for Palm Beach and Martin Counties.
Girls on the Run Palm Beach is eager to expand our programming and reach more girls with our message of joy, health and confidence. In order for our program to grow and succeed, we require a strong and active commitment from our local site partners. The following are required of all sites interested in becoming a Girls on the Run Palm Beach location.
Our program coordinator will contact you shortly after having received your request. We accept Site applications during certain times of the year for the next season.
If you feel your site can commit to our program expectations, please
You must finish the online form to the end once you start it or all information would be lost. You may wish to print out the form and gather the information before you start online. Printed version is for your reference only and can not be submitted to the Council.
Thank you again for your interest in GOTR Palm Beach!
START A SITE IN YOUR COMMUNITY
"Girls on the Run is so much fun!"
Girls on the Run® sessions are designed for girls in Grades 3 through 8 (approximately ages 8 - 14).
To start up Girls on the Run at your school or community....
In brief, here’s what you’ll need:
1. A desire to make a difference in the lives of girls
2. To obtain the approval from the appropriate people (e.g. principal, teachers, PTA, administrator, Town Council members, HOA, community center director, etc.) for their site to host GOTR.
3. A safe outdoor running and activity area
4. A safe indoor rain site
5. To obtain at least two volunteer coaches for up to 14 girls (3 is preferable, to account for absences)
Coaches can be teachers, parents, other staff members, or community members -- whatever complies with the site's policies. If in a public school, at least one teacher or other school staff member would need to agree to host the program as a Club.
6. A desire and means to promote the program and recruit the girls and families for your site to attract a team of 6 - 14 girls. (Title I schools, please see detailed information, below.)
7. Sites follow the GOTR calendar for the season: Fall (August - December) and Spring (January - May).
Girls on the Run accepts new site applications at least 3 weeks before the Coach Training. If you miss our coach training for the season (See our Calendar), please submit the application for the following season. Thank you!
9. A completed ONLINE Site Application Form (link below). Once received and reviewed, a confirmation email will be sent back to you.
Still interested? Please continue reading the detail below for more specifics.