GOTR 5K - Fall 2018
Get ready to have some FUN! Please continue reading all the way to the bottom of this page for instructions and details.
December 8, 2018 - River Run 5K - Run for a Reason Event
Location: 2400 Yamato Road, Boca Raton, FL, 33431
Event time: 6:30 AM - 10:00 AM (Special GOTR awards ceremony once ALL girls cross the finish line)
GOTR merchandise will be available for purchase at the event. Cash is appreciated.
We are partnering with City House Delray Beach, the organizers of this event.
Thank you, City House Delray Beach, for hosting our girls!
SPECIAL NOTE TO GIRLS ON THE RUN PARTICIPANTS:
Did your daughter have a great experience with GOTR? Help us expand the program to other girls just like her in our area.
GOTR girls and their running buddies were registered via PERMISION SLIPS, which were due back to your coaches on Wednesday, November 28.
Late permission slips will not be accepted by Coaches.
If you missed the Nov 28 deadline, bring your permission slip to the 5K event with $40 CASH. Please see the volunteer at the GOTR merchandise table at the Pavilion.
Please see your coach for specific team instructions, as some teams may be meeting at the church while others may be meeting elsewhere to carpool to the event.
6:30 AM GIRLS ARRIVE AT SPANISH RIVER CHURCH
- GOTR teams and Running Buddies will be meeting at the Pavilion just outside of the school's gymnasium. Look for the white GOTR banner.
- Do NOT go to the regular registration area.
- All Girls and Running Buddies must wear their GOTR shirts.
- Volunteers will take attendance and distribute bibs to girls and their Running Buddies. If your name is not on the attendance list then your permission slip was not received in time. You must pay $40 CASH the day of the event to participate.
- No timing for any GOTR participant. If you are interested in your time, you would need to look a the start and finish times at the start/finish line or wear a watch that has timing or some other device. This is a friendly, non-competitive fun run event for GOTR.
- Running Buddies need to stay with their assigned girl throughout the run and should not cross the finish line without her! Please remind your girl along the way to stay with her buddy.
- Girls and Running Buddies are encouraged to run with other girls and buddies from her team or GOTR teams. There are no timed bibs. Have fun out there!
- We welcome and encourage family and friends to join us at the event to cheer on the girls along the path and at the finish. There is no cost to watch and cheer :)
- Our GOTR run begins on a 10 minute delay from other participants in the 5K. We will all go to the starting line together as a group (beginning approximately 7:20 AM)
- After crossing the finish line, please stay with your team near the finish line to cheer for every girl as she crosses.
- Please plan to stay at the event until 10 AM. There will be an awards ceremony after every girl crosses the finish line. Every girl will receive something and door prizes will be drawn. You must be present to win! Typically, girls begin to cross the finish line at about the 35 minute-mark and continue up to 75 minutes for the last girl. We will start the awards as soon as the last girl crosses (approximately 9 AM).
If you have additional family and friends who would like to run or walk in the 5K with us, they can Register Here by Thursday, December 6th, midnight.