GOTR 5K - Fall 2017
We are working on our 5K. Information will be available soon!
5K Fall 2016
Saturday, November 12, 2016 Heroes for Education Run, Bryant Park, Lake Worth
Please see your coach for specific team instructions, as some teams may be meeting at the park while others may be meeting elsewhere to carpool to the event.
GOTR girls and their running buddies do NOT need to register. The GOTR Palm Beach Council will register you for this event once your permission slip has been turned in. Permission slips are due back to the coach by OCTOBER 27! A signed permission slip is REQUIRED for participation in this event.
6:30 AM GIRLS ARRIVE AT BRYANT PARK
- GOTR teams and Running Buddies will be meeting near the GOTR tents.
- Do NOT go to the regular registration area for the Heroes Run.
- COACHES will pick up bibs from the GOTR tent and hand out the bibs to their teams.
- No timing for any GOTR participant will be posted. If you are interested in your time, you would need to look a the start and finish times at the start/finish line or wear a watch that has timing or some other device. This is a friendly, non-competitive fun run event.
- GOTR will start on a 5 minute delay from the Heroes Run so that all GOTR girls and their buddies will run together.
- Running Buddies need to stay with their assigned girl throughout the run and should not cross the finish line without her!
- We welcome and encourage family and friends to join us at the event to cheer on the girls along the path and at the finish!
- The awards ceremony will include 3 awards just for GOTR girls! (approximately 9:15 AM)
Thank you to everyone who came out to participate, cheer and support the 2016 event!
Special thanks to the Education Foundation of PBC, The Cardinals/Marlins Foundation of Roger Dean Stadium, and The Hastings Foundation for their support!
Please plan to arrive early to ensure ample time for parking, walking to the event area, and enjoying the fun warm-up. Please carpool if you can.
Directions to Bryant Park: do NOT use your GPS… it will take you into a residential area.
Take I-95 North or South to Exit 63 (6th Ave , Lake Worth). Continue east on 6th Ave.
Make a Left onto Route US 1/Dixie Highway.
Make a Right onto Lake Road.
Bryant Park is just before the Intracoastal. Do not cross the bridge.
The park is on the corner of Lake Ave and Golfview Rd. There is a small parking lot and parking in the street.
SPECIAL NOTE TO GIRLS ON THE RUN PARTICIPANTS:
Did your daughter have a great experience with GOTR? Help us expand the program to other girls just like her in our area.